Jason M. Azzarone
Jason M. Azzarone was born in Paterson, New Jersey. He graduated magna cum laude from the William Paterson University in 1993. He graduated cum laude from University of Miami School of Law in 1998, where he served on the Moot Court Board. He then went on to become an associate and partner with Stephens, Lynn, Klein, La Cava & Puya in their Miami and Tampa offices, where he litigated for eleven years.
Mr. Azzarone was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1998. He has been admitted to the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, since 2000. He is a member of the Florida Bar Association.
Mr. Azzarone’s practice is concentrated in the areas of professional malpractice, automobile liability, premises liability, construction liability and general liability claims. Mr. Azzarone is also involved in defending bad faith actions against insurance companies as well as representing clients in administrative actions initiated with the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Department of Business and Professional Regulation and the Department of Health. He has given lectures on the topics of automobile liability, premises liability, ethics for Insurance Adjusters, persuasive motion and brief writing, admissibility of evidence, challenging expert opinions, creative use of motions in limine, and admissibility of electronically stored information and social media posting.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Azzarone handles appellate matters and provides litigation support for the firm. He has experience in civil appeals and has argued before the Second District Court of Appeal in Florida. His reported cases include:
- Bove v. Naples HMA, LLC, d/b/a Physicians Regional Medical Center–Pine Ridge; E. William Akin, M.D.; and Jay Wang, M.D., 196 So.3d 411 (Fla. 2d DCA 2016)
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc., v. Lori Feller, 163 So.3d 1252 (Fla. 5th DCA 2015)
- Pollock v. Danner, 98 So.3d 650 (Fla. 2d DCA 2012)
- Racoma v. Hannans, 978 So.2d 873 (Fla. 2d DCA 2008)
- Corbo v. Garcia, 949 So.2d 366 (Fla. 2d DCA 2007)
- Oglesby v. Department of Revenue, 931 So.2d 256 (Fla. 2d DCA 2006)
- Weinstock v. Houvardas, 924 So.2d 982 (Fla. 2d DCA 2006)
Telephone: (813) 209-9611
Facsimile: (813) 209-9511